Digital Content Specialist
The Digital Content Specialist will work to support all business development, marketing, advertising, branding, and related initiatives for Crossroads Communications clients and be a part of the marketing team for the agency itself. The duties of the Digital Content Specialist include writing, digital and online content creation, digital asset distribution, and social media management. Familiarity with search marketing (Search Engine Optimization and Marketing) will also be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Create content for a variety of platforms, including blogs, websites, emails, social media, and other marketing channels
- Manage the distribution of assets created by the video production and graphic design teams to both internal and external outlets
- Participate in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) projects and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns on behalf of clients
- Research industry topics and trends to ensure content is relevant, timely, and appealing to client audiences
- Proofread/edit content and obtain necessary approvals before publishing
- Keep up to date with content trends, customer preferences, and advancements in technology
- Manage content calendars and ensure content remains consistent across all platforms
- Create and enforce deadlines according to the editorial calendar
- Support quality control of output as it relates to client brand standards
- Work with various teams within Crossroads to support the needs of the business and the needs of our clients
- Support additional responsibilities, as needed
- Frequent prolonged sitting while looking at a computer screen
- Manual dexterity
- Visual Acuity
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Passion for marketing and a strong desire to learn and progress in the field
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Aptitude for learning, thinking critically, and adapting to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to grasp technical concepts
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum of one year of full-time experience in a professional setting
- Experience using content marketing platforms such as HubSpot, Marketo, Sprout, Pardot, etc.
- Experience with common email management platforms such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.
- Experience in executing digital marketing campaigns - including social media, email, landing pages, automation, forms, etc.
- Familiar with search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) techniques and strategies
- Experience using Google Analytics
- 2-5 years marketing, advertising, social media, or public relations experience
- Experience in project management and in building and maintaining editorial calendars
Crossroads Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Crossroads Communications provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.